For more than a decade, SQA Consulting has built a global client network across multiple vertical markets. Our experience and expertise reside across Business and Technology Transformation, Cyber Security, RPA and AML Compliance.
2022 is shaping up to be a pivotal and exciting year for the group. Via acquisitions and mergers, we are continuing to increase our global presence, and we are delighted to be opening our new Spanish office.
A product engineer is required to support client engagements. Key responsibilities will be supporting senior team members with technical direction and acting as a key member of the project team in demonstrating both technical expertise and Agile practices. There will be significant interaction with technical and functional stakeholders. The support and development of junior product engineering resources is also part of this role.
- Work with the product engineering lead, engagement leader and other senior project team members or client resources to provide technical solutions through modelling and proof of concepts.
- Participate in identifying problem areas in the client SDLC. Help to define solutions, this includes seeking opportunities for SQA Consulting to increase engagement scope
- Able to articulate problems and solutions in non-technical language to stakeholders
- Understand interactions and dependencies between software components
- Support the set-up of the build environment (CI/CD pipeline) and DevOps / DevSecOps processes
- Design and develop software solutions to client requirements
- Able to write technical user stories using Gherkin syntax
- Provide clear documentation supporting code, solutions and processes
- Demonstrate exemplary behaviour in the use of JIRA / ADO, ensuring tickets are estimated realistically, progressed and status is clear to other team members and stakeholders
- Support the project lead(s) in project set up, execution and key ceremonies including backlog refinement, stand-ups, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Support learning and development activities for junior product engineering resources
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in development and 2 years’ experience in specialist technologies.
- Experience of working in scrum / sprint teams using agile ways of working including backlog refinement, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Working knowledge of work item management systems such as JIRA / ADO.
- Experienced in working with epics, features, user stories and tasks.
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams
- Able to quickly build professional working relationships with both client and internal SQA Consulting stakeholders
- Able to identify and escalate dependencies, risks and blockers to ensure timely intervention and maintain the critical path to delivery
- Experience of mentoring and developing junior resources
- Up to date with the latest developments within areas of technical expertise
- Client facing experience is an advantage.
- Confluence / Teams / other wikis
- Jenkins / Gitlab / Azure DevOps
- Cucumber / Selenium / Cypress / Postman
- Cloud Tools
- Development IDE (VS, VC, Idea etc.)
- DBeaver (or other DB tool)
- JIRA / ADO
- Excellent Remuneration Package
- Ongoing support and development