We are looking for a Back-end Software Engineer to join our search engineering team
As a back-end engineer you will:
- Work on the E2E search solutions including data ingestion, indexing and near-real-time index updates; query understanding, retrieval, filtering and ranking
- Develop search features with Java, search platforms and native cloud services.
- Ship features to production and runs A/B tests.
- Work on performance optimization and testing.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has at least 3+ years of experience in back-end development in Java ecosystem
- Has good knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has experience with Solr, Elasticsearch
- Has experience with cloud platforms (CGP, AWS, Azure).
- Has working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Familiar with Linux and Docker, has experience with building, deploying, and debugging production systems.
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Elasticsearch/Lucene internals and plugin writing
- Experience with Spark or similar distributed data processing systems
- Familiarity with K8s
- Understanding of foundations of machine learning and deep learning
- Experience with graphs (JGraphT or similar)
- Competitive salary
- Work on bleeding-edge projects in a team of experienced and motivated developers and QA engineers
- Flexible working hours
- Business trips to the USA
- Health insurance, a benefits package, company-sponsored conferences, vacations
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, data science, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.