Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
This is a fully remote, 4 month role for the Fall 2020 term that begins on September 7, 2020 and ends on December 18, 2020. Successful candidates will be working from home during the duration of the term.
Do you wake up in the morning and the first thing you do is turn to your phone and bring up your favourite mobile app? Are you happy to try out new mobile apps as they are released, and enjoy praising and critiquing them among your friends? If you are passionate about mobile and would jump at the opportunity to build an app that is far-reaching and shaping the way people see mobile in the incident management space, we want you!
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- You will get a chance to work in all of our mobile code bases and the APIs that power them.
- You will build and ship new user-facing features on Android or iOS
- You will collaborate with product, UX and other engineering teams to deliver the highest quality mobile experiences to all of our supported devices
- You will participate in code reviews for your fellow team members
- You are confidently self-driven
- You have an insatiable desire to learn
- You are empathetic - you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others
- You are passionate about high quality, maintainable and testable code
- You have an eye for sleek design
- You have a desire to build reliable and user-friendly mobile applications
- You are interested in learning about our stack which includes; Android, iOS, Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C, Ruby/Rails, Scala, CoreData, MySQL, RxJava, Retrofit, Robotium, and Espresso
- Previous mobile development experience (a project or previous internship)
- Good understanding of CS fundamentals, eg. data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one native mobile language, eg. Java, Kotlin, Android Studio, Eclipse. etc
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic environment, we also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Mentorship - each participant is matched with a team mentor
- A chance to participate in our Employee Resource Groups and give back through various volunteer opportunities
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.