Introducing Arcadis Gen
Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
We are creating a new entity focused upon accelerating the investment and development of digital solutions which support the asset lifecycle and will position Arcadis as a digital front runner in the fields of digitized asset management, cities and mobility. Our focus is upon accelerating our ability to bring highly scalable digital propositions quickly and seamlessly to both existing and new Arcadis clients across the globe.
We have a clear vision that will enable us to rapidly scale our existing digital capabilities and innovate based on the identified underserved demand in the market, by creating industry leading products, platforms and solutions. Our strategy to become more digitally focused has already seen the acquisition of two digital asset management companies to build on our existing digital capabilities from the Arcadis technology division, all of which will form the foundations of this new digital entity.
The Opportunity – Envisioning Future Trajectory
We are looking for a results-driven Software Tester to be responsible for designing and running tests on software functionality, performance, and usability. The Software Tester will conduct tests, analyse the results, and report observations to the development team
To be successful as a Software Tester, you should have a working knowledge of software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyse the results. Ultimately, the Software Tester should be result-driven, have good communication skills, and up-to-date knowledge of software programming and software test design.
Core responsibilities include:
- Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
- Executing tests on software functionality, performance, and usability.
- Analysing test results on errors or bugs, usability, new functionality, or performance.
- Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
- Interacting with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
Testers are involved in Pre-planning and Story grooming sessions and especially add value in the following activities:
- Defining testable user stories, including acceptance criteria
- Determining the testability of the user stories
- Creating acceptance tests for the user stories
- Participating in project and quality risk analyses
Testers are involved in Sprint planning meetings and especially add value in the following activities:
- Planning the testing for the release
- Creating acceptance tests for the user stories
- Defining the necessary test levels
- Breaking down user stories into tasks (particularly testing tasks)
- Estimating testing effort associated with the user stories and all testing tasks
- Identifying functional and non-functional aspects of the system to be tested
- Supporting and participating in test automation at multiple levels of testing
Testing in Sprint
Testers are involved during Sprint and especially add value in the following activities:
- Performing Exploratory Testing of new Features
- Writing Automated Regression Tests for new and existing features
- Integrating and Executing Automated Tests on a CI server
- Feedback as soon as possible to the team in case of any issues
- Update Acceptance Tests when new scenarios are thought of
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
The role of a tester in an Agile team includes activities that generate and provide feedback not only on test status, test progress, and product quality, but also on process quality. These activities include:
- Understanding, implementing, and updating the Agile Test Strategy
- Work with Product Owners to define Acceptance Criteria and the Definition of Done.
- Measuring and reporting test coverage across all applicable coverage dimensions
- Ensuring proper use of testing tools
- Configuring, using, and managing test environments and test data
- Writing and executing automated checks and reporting back to the team
- Reporting defects and working with the team to resolve them
- Coaching other team members in relevant aspects of testing
- Ensuring the appropriate testing tasks are scheduled during release and iteration planning
- Actively collaborating with developers and business stakeholders to clarify requirements, especially in terms of testability, consistency, and completeness
- Participating proactively in daily stand-up meetings, story grooming sessions, team retrospectives, suggesting and implementing improvements
- Within an Agile team, each team member is responsible for product quality and plays a role in performing test-related tasks.
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a Agile Testing Mindset.
Agile Testers need to break away from the principles and working methodologies of traditional software development.
The Agile Testing Mindset, could be summed up in twelve principles:
- Quality Assistance over Quality Assurance
- Continuous Testing over Testing at the End
- Team Responsibility for Quality over Tester’s Responsibility
- Whole Team Approach over Testing Departments and Independent Testing
- Automated Checking over Manual Regression Testing
- Technical and API Testing over Just GUI Testing
- Exploratory Testing over Scripted Testing
- User Stories and Customer Needs over Requirement Specifications
- Building the Best Software over Breaking the Software
- Early Involvement over Late Involvement
- Short Feedback Loop over Delayed Feedback
- Preventing Defects over Finding Defects
Who Are We?
At Gen we have a mantra which is to be Bold, Agile and to deliver Accelerated Growth, this focuses our efforts and defines the way in which we will deliver to the market.
Our spirit, makes us unique, binds us together and sits at the very essence of who we are and how we ‘show’ up.
- Our fear of failure is mitigated by a thirst for positive disruption.
- We demonstrate intellectual humility – we can admit we are wrong and may change our options often, when new information or insights come to hand.
- We value talent, skill & knowledge but prize agility and adaptability above all else.
- We are optimists believing that we can and we will always find a way…..mindset matters.
We are motivated and driven by:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be inventive and free from tight organizational constraints.
- A desire to learn and grow, to push and challenge ourselves and to test the limits of our potential.
- To attempt the extraordinary, motivated to achieve even in the face of set back or obstacle.
- To collaborate, pursuing shared rather than individual goals, believing that we do our best work when we default to ‘open’ rather than ‘closed’.
- Playing a role on the global stage, leading and influencing the future of our industry and sector and by deeply understanding the needs of our clients.
Leadership at Gen
Leadership at Gen is not based on principles of power and control but rather on encouraging self-determination, experimentation and creativity. Our leaders actively:
- Encourage experimentation: The role of a leader is not to reduce risks or prevent failures, but to create an environment resilient enough to take these risks and handle the missteps.
- Instill trust: Silos are the enemy of agility, to be truly agile requires foundations built on trust, discipline and single-minded focus, collaboration and transparency are essential to success.
- Cultivate diversity of thought: Believe that different views, healthy debate and respectful conflict are good things, they are the catalysts for creativity & will fuel our innovation
Who is Arcadis
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.