Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Would you like to join one of technology’s fastest-growing companies and help support that growth across a fully-remote Engineering organization of over 45 technical and product development teams? If you are a project management professional with strong business acumen and an Agile mindset, you love mentoring, coaching, and have a solid experience in software products delivery, you might be a match for our growing team.
Along with helping address the organizational challenges that come with Toptal’s 40% year-over-year growth, the PMO team is on a mission to strengthen Toptal’s project management capabilities. We do this by cultivating a modern Agile culture, promoting a strong delivery mindset across Product Management and Engineering functions, executing strategic projects, designing the tools/frameworks to help teams perform their best at scale. We’re not a startup anymore, but we still have that creative drive and a performance mindset.
A typical day in the PMO could see you mentoring a newly-promoted Engineering Manager and their team in the morning on Scrum ceremonies, working on one or more of Toptal’s strategic projects in the afternoon, working with Product Managers on a new business case, then wrapping up the day aligning with the other Program Managers.
If you are a strong leader who pulls with the team, thrives by seeing others succeed, and wants to be a part of driving the World’s Greatest Talent Company to become a world-class enterprise business, start a conversation with us.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Your ultimate mission is to be a delivery business partner to our Product and Engineering Directors. You will apply project management and Agile knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to ensure projects within your program successfully generate business outcomes, product development and technical engineering teams are happy, and stakeholders are satisfied.
- Drive two-three high-priority time-sensitive projects that require coordination between multiple Agile teams and various stakeholders across the organization on a tactical and strategic level. Identify dependencies, guide decision-making, solve problems, and provide analytical insights about the project performance.
- Oversee projects within your program, monitoring their progress and the status of the work teams engage in, ensuring successful, timely deliveries.
- Identify and surface any bottlenecks and impediments that slow delivery momentum within your program. Continually work on improving the program structure and processes, proposing optimization opportunities by constantly iterating our working methods and acting as a change agent for their implementation.
- Build sustainable and great relationships between the PMO team and stakeholders across Toptal.
- Work with the rest of the PMO team to further develop the function, ensuring it results in a healthy, collaborative, continuously improving Agile delivery culture at Toptal.
- Teach or mentor less experienced Toptalers in modern Agile concepts, values, principles, practices, and better project management practices.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Get familiar with our product portfolio and team structure.
- Learn about Program Management Office vision, mission, OKRs.
- Become familiar with Toptal’s Product Development Process.
In the first month, expect to:
- Take the lead on one of our strategic projects.
- Gain an understanding of the Engineering and Product quarterly planning process.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Gain the trust of PMO business partners.
- Begin evangelizing Toptal’s Product Development Process.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues and help to foster a mature Agile delivery culture across product and engineering teams.
In the first year, expect to:
- Become a role model for less experienced colleagues.
- Be excellent in networking, stakeholder management across all organizational levels.
- Have professional project management experience in software product development.
- You are self-driven and know what to do with the freedom you are given.
- Be a true do-er able to deal with agile at scale challenges and loads of ambiguity.
- Have a fundamental understanding of how to manage organizational changes - you will need this to challenge the status quo.
- You are an expert in Scrum, and you are at least familiar with Kanban (if not, we’ll teach you).
- Ideally, have experience in scaled Agile frameworks LeSS and SoS, SAFe.
- Be a confident public speaker and facilitator.
- Understand working with technical teams, but possess business acumen.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Toptal je globalna mreža vrhunskih talenata u poslu, dizajnu i tehnologiji koja omogućava kompanijama da skaliraju svoje timove na zahtev. Sa 200 miliona dolara godišnjeg prihoda i preko 40% rasta u odnosu na prošlu godinu, Toptal je najveća distribuirana radna snaga na svetu.